|Talk given yesterday at Washtenaw Community College in Ann Arbor, MI.
Points made were:
1) Islam enjoins moderation in all matters. Going too far to the left and too far to the right are both extremes. All extremes aren’t violent.
2) Islam recognizes the sanctity of all life.
3) Vigilantism is immoral and illegal.
4) Capt. Underpants and suicide pilot Joseph Stack are equally terrorists.
5) The Tamil Tigers, a Hindu/Marxist group, had been the most prolific suicide bombing group for the past three decades until the recent disbandment.
6) From 1980 to 2005 according to the FBI, only 6% of domestic terrorist acts were committed by Muslims. 7% were committed by extremist Jews. Thus, 94% of domestic terrorism during that time, including 9/11, was committed by NON-MUSLIMS.
7) Muslims have been the biggest victims of terrorist attacks worldwide since 9/11.
Click here to listen.