Today’s sermon was given at the Islamic Organization of North America (IONA) masjid in Warren, Michigan.
Discussed were the following:
1) The obligation of promoting reconciliation between disputing parties of believers.
2) The dispute between Bani Khazraj and Bani Aws, which is the occasion of ayah 9 in Surah 49.
3) Recommended steps in the fiqh of reconciliation.
4) The ignorance and disobedience of the khawaarij and some of the advice of Ali ibn Abi Talib (KW) given on his death bed.
5) The hujjah (proof) against those who break away to open new mosques and organizations to the neglect of the reconciliation process and those who do similar by calling for boycotts of Muslim organizations.